Course introduction

For people currently living outside of Japan

These courses are for people currently living abroad who wish to study Japanese in Japan. People wishing to enter Japanese universities or graduate schools, prepare for the JLPT, or experience Japanese culture can obtain a student visa to study Japanese for a maximum of 2 years. Short-term visas can be obtained to study for a maximum of 3 months for those wishing to experience life in Japan for a short period of time.

Graduate School Continuing Education course

At Kyoshin Language Academy we place strong emphasis on preparing students for graduate school in Japan. Highly experienced instructors will help you find your ideal graduate school and will provide thorough guidance with composing research proposals, interviews, and more. We will do everything we can to help you enter graduate school.

Click here for specific information about our Graduate School Continuing Education course

University Continuing Education course

Since most Japanese universities require international students to take the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU), it is important to do well on this exam. In addition to offering Japanese language preparation, we also offer preparatory courses in fundamental science and humanities subjects (general studies, math, science) utilizing experience cultivated over Kyoshin’s many years as a continuing education preparatory school. We also offer TOEFL and other English preparatory courses as part of a comprehensive system to guide you to your ideal university.

Click here for specific information about our University Continuing Education course

Practical Japanese course

This course is designed for people wishing to live in Japan, work at a Japanese company or those with goals like improving their practical Japanese skills or passing JLPT level N1 or N2. Just like our continuing education courses, admission to this course is possible at 4 times per year. In addition, through a variety of activities such as Japanese culture field trips, Disneyland, and BBQ parties, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn Japanese in a fun and relaxed environment.

Short-stay course

This course is designed for people who have obtained a short-term visa and are interested in studying for a minimum of 2 weeks or a maximum of 3 months. This course is appropriate for those wishing to brush up their Japanese abilities or those who would like to get a taste of what long-term study abroad is like. We also offer a number of exciting activities such as field trips to Disneyland and BBQ parties.

Other elective classes

Students attending our Continuing Education courses or our Practical Japanese course have the option of taking elective classes such as JLPT preparation, University entrance exam preparation, and EJU preparation.

For people already living in Japan

These courses are recommended for people already living in Japan who would like to improve their Japanese and find a job, or for people who are good at speaking but may have trouble writing.

Class lessons

This course is for people who are already living in Japan who would like to work at a Japanese company, or who need to gain Japanese language abilities to function in their daily lives. This course is particularly suited for people who are proficient at speaking but have trouble with reading and writing.

Small-group lessons

This course is intended for people who wish to study Japanese in groups of 5 students or fewer at a specific time. Lessons are available based on Japanese abilities and goals.

Private lessons

Study Japanese through a custom-made course, perfect for professionals working in Japan, people who have Japanese spouses, people who come to Japan with their families, and children living in Japan.